Paying Critical Attention to Non-Critical Care
Vitals Plus patient monitoring, now with capnography, is part of the Capsule Medical Device Information Platform (MDIP), a solution that enables hospitals to simplify workflow and enhance caregivers’ ability to deliver quality, safe care. A well-organized, vivid display of patient vitals and an integrated Early Warning Scoring System (EWSS) that calculates a score quickly at the bedside (combining certain vitals and clinician observations), help to identify patients at risk of deterioration. More efficient workflows and easy acquisition of vital signs, and the ability to continuously monitor critical parameters, translates to more time with the patient and helps ensure that the correct patient vital signs information is incorporated into the patient record.
FDA 510(K) Clearance
Vitals Plus with Masimo NomoLine® ISA™ CO2 Module
Added measurements expand vitals acquisition and utilization:
- end-tidal carbon dioxide (EtCO2) waveform and numerics
- fractional concentration of inspired carbon dioxide (FiCO2)
- respiration rate (RR)
Learn more about Vitals Plus with Capnography
Early recognition of key physical changes and critical events
The Capsule Early Warning Scoring System* is an optional patient monitoring application that uses vital signs data acquired through Capsule Vitals Plus. Simple to use, automated and reliable, the Early Warning Scoring System** registers subtle changes in the patient’s state while the clinician is at the bedside and able to intervene. EWSS is configured by each hospital to provide an immediate aggregate score, and this score can guide clinicians through appropriate actions as defined by hospital protocol. This includes sending the score to alarm and alert systems that can activate a rapid response or medical emergency team. The Capsule Early Warning Scoring System also provides detailed trending information to place patients’ scores in clinical context.
*Early Warning Scoring System (EWSS) is a hospital-configured medical calculator.
**Not available on Chart Xpress outside the U.S. and Singapore.
Vitals Plus Integrated Workflow
Alarm conditions detected by Vitals Plus are shared with Capsule Surveillance, which sends alert notifications to care providers’ mobile devices
Intuitive and Intelligent
- User-defined scoring algorithm and action steps
- Reliable, computerized calculations
- Color-coded results correspond to action steps
- Displays vital signs history, trends and prior Early Warning Scores
- Transmits results to downstream systems
Accurate and efficient patient monitoring
Improving patient safety & care delivery
- Eliminates risks associated with manual transcription errors and data/chart mix-ups
- Gives clinicians easy access to patient data at the bedside – rapid authentication
- Ensures the right data is entered by the right team member – role-based authorization
- Supplies patient data to Capsule Surveillance workstation as well as decision support applications and clinical research systems
Quickly access, review and validate vitals data at the point of care
- Rapid authentication gives clinicians easy access to patient data at the bedside
- A single screen for login, patient association, vitals monitoring and charting of 15 elements, improving workflow
- Ability to see a patient-centric view of 72 hours of vital signs history, right at the bedside
- Lets users validate data directly at the bedside, enabling timely care decisions
- Reduces charting time from hours to minutes, so nurses can spend more time with patients
An all-in-one solution for patient monitoring and clinical documentation that combines ease-of-use and efficiency.