Capsule and COVID-19
As a global provider of medical technologies used hospital-wide, we realize the importance of being able to continue our operations during the COVID-19 outbreak and its importance to your mission-critical business of delivering high quality patient care.
We have business continuity plans in place and will revisit and revise them over the course of the COVID-19 outbreak, adapting to changes in the market and society. As our plans evolve, we will update the information on this page to keep you apprised of developments in the delivery of Capsule products and services.
As with many technology providers, the availability of labor and the efficiency of supply chains and distribution channels are essential to Capsule’s business. Restrictions in any one of these could potentially disrupt our ability to supply products and, in some cases, services. Although Capsule is presently well prepared to continue manufacturing, installing and servicing our products in the market, supply chain disruptions are already limiting our ability to produce certain hardware at normal levels. We will work with customers to arrange partial shipments of these products while shortages and limitations persist. Refer to the Hardware Availability section below for the latest regarding order fulfillment.
Here’s a brief status summary:
- Presently all hardware orders booked by March 6, 2020 are scheduled to be filled from current inventories and are expected to ship with limited delays prioritized on Go Live needs.
- We anticipate a 60 to 90-day period, beginning March 10, 2020, when some new orders for Neuron 3, patch cables, and serial cables will be partially fulfilled. We expect to return to full order fulfillment by fall 2020.
Service and Support
- Capsule support organizations are operating at full capacity.
- We are continuing to offer 24/7 support to our global installed base through normal support channels.
New Installations & Field Work
- All installations scheduled as of March 10, 2020 are possible. We realize that customer-initiated postponements are likely to occur, as many facilities are now restricting access for safety and disease containment reasons. If your facility needs to delay a currently scheduled installation, please notify us immediately.
- New orders and installations scheduled after March 10, 2020 may be delayed, based on hardware availability as noted above. Your Capsule representative will work with your facility to determine a mutually agreed schedule that takes these limitations into account.
- To ensure the safety of our staff and yours, all field engagements by Capsule personnel will be carried out remotely. This includes trainings, testing and go-live activities. Please be assured that Capsule has implemented the steps necessary to allow all clients prompt access to our resources.